When you have a construction project or landscaping task that involves excavating dirt, it’s important to estimate the cost of removing that dirt. Whether you’re a homeowner looking to level your backyard or a contractor bidding on a construction project, our Dirt Removal Cost Calculator can help you determine the expenses involved.
To calculate the cost of dirt removal, our calculator uses the following formula:
Total Cost = (Length x Width x (Depth / 12) / 27) x Cost per Cubic Yard
- Length: The length of the excavation area in feet.
- Width: The width of the excavation area in feet.
- Depth: The depth of the excavation area in inches (converted to feet).
- Cost per Cubic Yard: The cost per cubic yard of dirt removal.
How to Use
- Enter the length of the excavation area in feet.
- Enter the width of the excavation area in feet.
- Enter the depth of the excavation area in inches.
- Enter the cost per cubic yard of dirt removal in dollars.
- Click the “Calculate” button to find the total dirt removal cost.
Let’s say you have an excavation area that is 20 feet long, 10 feet wide, with a depth of 24 inches, and the cost per cubic yard is $30. Using the calculator, the total dirt removal cost would be $300.
- What is a Dirt Removal Cost Calculator?
- A Dirt Removal Cost Calculator is a tool that helps you estimate the expenses associated with removing dirt from an excavation site.
- How accurate is the calculator’s estimate?
- The calculator provides a reasonably accurate estimate, but actual costs may vary based on specific project conditions.
- Can I use this calculator for commercial projects?
- Yes, you can use this calculator for both residential and commercial projects.
- What units should I use for measurements?
- Enter the length and width in feet, and the depth in inches.
- What if I have irregularly shaped excavation areas?
- For irregular shapes, break the area into smaller, more manageable sections, and calculate each separately.
- Is this calculator suitable for landscaping projects?
- Yes, it can be used for landscaping projects that involve dirt removal.
- Can I change the currency for the cost per cubic yard?
- No, this calculator uses dollars as the currency.
- Is there any cost involved in using this calculator?
- No, this calculator is provided free of charge for your convenience.
- Is the result rounded to the nearest dollar?
- No, the result is rounded to two decimal places.
- What if I encounter any issues with the calculator?
- If you encounter any problems or have questions, please contact our support team for assistance.
Our Dirt Removal Cost Calculator simplifies the process of estimating how much it will cost to remove dirt from your project site. Whether you’re working on a small residential project or a large commercial endeavor, this calculator can help you budget effectively and make informed decisions about your excavation costs. Save time and effort by using our calculator to get a quick estimate of your dirt removal expenses.